The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm
  • I really like lip balms and lip glosses, I rarely buy usual lipsticks because I prefer shiny glosses and similar stuff
  • Bottega Verde has very good natural products and I like them very much
  • I usually get them for 2-4 Euro although some of them cost up to 10 Euro
  • I think that that's actually very good because the simplicity, in my opinion, means beauty
  • So although this balm is really nice for the lips I don't like it very much and I don't use it very often because I am always thinking about the culture of bacteria that can inhabit my lip balm if I touch it with dirty hands

• by lorelai

I really like lip balms and lip glosses, I rarely buy usual lipsticks because I prefer shiny glosses and similar stuff. So if you look in my purse you’d see at least 10 different lip glosses and that’s not all I have. Most of them last for 2 years and I usually manage to spend them because I use them all the time. I just like to have a lot of them and apply different ones when I feel like it. I usually buy most of my make up at Bottega Verde because there my sister, as a member, has great discounts.

Bottega Verde has very good natural products and I like them very much. Their lips glosses are very good too but I never buy them when they aren’t on discount. I usually get them for 2-4 Euro although some of them cost up to 10 Euro. Bottega Verde is really nice to their members and they even send you brochures at home with products that are on discounts for the members or even in general for all the customers so if

you see something nice that you like you go there and buy it.

With all this members benefits I rarely buy make up from some other brand because Bottega Verde also gives you points for every spent Euro so you can actually take presents when you collect enough products. That’s why I am pretty faithful to Bottega Verde and I buy cosmetics from different brands only when I really like and want something. The body shop is a brand that sells natural products. I’ve never heard of it until about 2 months ago when my friend went to Berlin and she brought home some of the Body Shop stuff and gave it to her friends.

She gave me The Body Shop Strawberry Born Lipp Balm. It was a nice surprise because usually don’t expect my friends to bring me something when they go somewhere. I went on-line and found out that The Body shop is a very popular brand. The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm comes in a small white transparent container which looks red because the balm is red and contains

9g or 10ml of the product.

It has a red label whit white letters and a picture of strawberry. It looks rather simple but most of these cosmetic products look simple. I think that that’s actually very good because the simplicity, in my opinion, means beauty. The cap of the very easy to open and immediately you will feel a very nice fragrance.

The balm itself has just one flaw, you have to apply it with your fingers. I know that all these balms in the that come in these small containers have the same problem and that’s why I don’t usually buy them. I like to reapply balms and glosses frequently, specially when I go out and I can’t run to the bathroom every ten minutes just to wash my hands so that I can use this balm. So although this balm is really nice for the lips I don’t like it very much and I don’t use it very often because I am always thinking about the culture of bacteria that can inhabit my lip balm if I touch it with ...

• The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm
      dirty hands.

I tried to apply it directly to my lips but then, from the jar but then usually, as the jar is rather small, the plastic irritates my lips. The balm itself has a very nice strawberry fragrance which isn’t very strong but it is very pleasant. Its texture is very soft and light and it is of the very pale red colour. When you apply it to your lips it doesn’t look very shiny and it just intensifies the red colour of your lips but that’s not a gloss it is a lip balm which intention is to moisturise and nourish your lips.

It doesn’t last for a long time so you have to apply it frequently and it is rather greasy. I like the fact that it is greasy because I like to rub one lip to another and when the lips are greasy the feeling is even better. The fragrance is nice and the taste is also nice, like strawberry but not very strong, it is very good for the winter when the wind can damage your lips and

irritate them, during the summer I prefer something little less greasy so I usually use glosses in the summer. This lip gloss costs around 5 Euro and that’s not all that much because it is really good for your lips and it doesn’t make them just nice, it also protects them and nourishes them but I prefer Labello or Rosal or the products from similar brands because they come in different applicators and you don’t have to touch them with your hands if you want to use them.

Labello is also much less expensive and I prefer less expensive stuff. I would never buy The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm for myself if my friend hadn’t bought it for me. She bought herself a raspberry taste one and that one is even better because it smells like raspberry and gives your lips little bit darker tone. I mean, I like this product because it makes the lips look and feel nice but still just the fact that you have to apply it with your fingers would persuade me not to buy it, even those it really has a divine fragrance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312808455280231/k2311a0828/8.28.08