Calcium plus by Multivita
  • It is summer here now and I decided to try with water soluble tablets
  • I know that they don't last as much as regular pills but it is so hot here now and I really need to drink a lot so I thought, instead of drinking different juices which aren't good for the health and make you fat, it was better to drink this soluble calcium pills
  • I enjoy this small ritual of mine because I've noticed that I've started loosing weight, not only because calcium, as Dr. Oz says degrades fats but also because I am not drinking sweet juices nor Cokes any more which all has much more calories than these tablets
  • Each of these tablets has 3,4 calories so that means that if I take 3 of them in half litre of water I actually take about 10 calories which is really nothing and this drink is not harmful like Coca cola light or other similar products and it is much cheaper because 20 tablets or 1 container cost $2 and you can make about 4l the drink or drink it for about 8 days if you do what I do
  • The only thing I don't like about these tablets is that they are tasteless

• by lorelai

Since I was a kid I was always biting my fingernails. My parents hated when I was doing it but I just couldn’t help myself although I really wanted that. Everyone was always saying that I was doing it because I was nervous but it is silly to think so because why would a 5 year old child be nervous?

I read it somewhere that biting nails is just like smoking and that it includes an oral fixation so I tried biting carrots and similar stuff in order to satisfy that oral fixation. But it didn’t help. Then I saw it on TV that most of people who bite their nails do that because they have a lack of calcium in their organism. My teeth were always kind a yellow and as mush or as often as I rub them that yellow-grey colour would never go away, and I always has small white spots on my nails so when on TV they were saying that biting nails is a sign of lack of calcium they said that teeth aren’t actually yellow but kind a transparent and that those spots on the nails were just another symptom. So I went on-line and checked it out which food had the most calcium. So now I try to eat as much milk products as possible and a lot of vegetables like spinach, broccoli, sesame and almonds and I try to eat sardines and tuna too but I’ve also started taking vitamins and minerals. It is summer here now and I decided to try with water soluble tablets. I know

that they don’t last as much as regular pills but it is so hot here now and I really need to drink a lot so I thought, instead of drinking different juices which aren’t good for the health and make you fat, it was better to drink this soluble calcium pills. Specially because about few days ago I’ve been listening to Oprah’s guest Dr. Oz who said that every person should take 1200mg of calcium per day and that calcium facilitates the degradation of fat so if you take 1200mg of calcium per day you will loose 4kg in a few months, I don’t actually remember what was the exact period he said but I decided to take those pills because they can’t hurt me.

I went to one of the big discounts in my town and bought several different calcium water-soluble tablets at once and among them was MultiVita Calcium plus. This pills come in a plastic container which is light blue with white central part and a lot of little blue bubbles and Calcium written in dark blue letters while plus in written in pink. It has one of those usual soluble pills container caps which are round and has some kind a soft plastic prolongation which purpose is probably to prevent the pills from breaking because if the container falls on the flour this soft plastic part will curl and it will soften the fall. There are 20 pills in the container and they are all about 1cm in the diameter, they are white and rather thick but if you touch them they will ...

• leave some kind of sweet taste on your fingers. They have a very nice although light smell and are very easy to break. If they break they rarely break in just 2 pieces, but in so many of them that it is impossible to pit them together again, and sometimes they become dust. There’s 250mg of calcium in each of these tablets so to reach Dr. Oz’s recommendable dosage you are supposed to take about 5 of these tablets per day but I don’t take so many of them, I take 2 or 3 because take calcium with the food so I don’t really want to exaggerate.

What kind a surprised be about these pills is that when you put them in the water they are totally tasteless. I am used to some kind of fruit taste like lemon, grapefruit, forest fruits or most often orange but these tablets have no taste at all, the just make the water smell nice. The water remains transparent but it has small bubbles inside. It doesn’t taste very good, it tastes as if you’ve left the water to stay in a opened bottle for a few days and then drank it. That’s why I usually ad some other tablet like vitamin C or magnesium or iron because they all have some kind a taste which covers the tasteless taste of this calcium tablets.

I make myself about half litre of calcium plus something else in the morning and I drink that and sometimes in the afternoon if I remember I take another glass of it. Since I started taking calcium I

can really feel the difference, although I know that 2 months aren’t enough to make right what was wrong all my life. Now my nails have little bit longer life and I can really feel that they are much ticker and harder to break and bite too. There are no white spots in them any more. I can’t actually see any difference in my teeth but I guess it will take time for that. I enjoy this small ritual of mine because I’ve noticed that I’ve started loosing weight, not only because calcium, as Dr. Oz says degrades fats but also because I am not drinking sweet juices nor Cokes any more which all has much more calories than these tablets. Each of these tablets has 3,4 calories so that means that if I take 3 of them in half litre of water I actually take about 10 calories which is really nothing and this drink is not harmful like Coca cola light or other similar products and it is much cheaper because 20 tablets or 1 container cost $2 and you can make about 4l the drink or drink it for about 8 days if you do what I do.

I am satisfied with these tablets because they are really good thirst killer and in the same time they do good to your organism, they aren’t expensive and can actually help you loose some weight because 2dl of this beverage has just 3,4 calories while most of the other drinks have about 45 calories in 1dl. The only thing I don’t like about these tablets is that they are tasteless.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342808455180231/k2311a0828/8.28.08