King Arthur
  • This personally agitated me a lot because the King Arthur story that IS historical and somewhat concrete in fact, is an interesting and compelling story
  • Anybody with just a general understanding of the legend of King Arthur will be disappointed in this film

• by Artie17

First off, I did not hate this movie. It was a somewhat entertaining movie with nice special effects, great battle sequences, and acting, when not overblown or stale, was watchable.

What bothered me was at the beginning of the movie, we are promised with text on the screen, a historically accurate movie, and that promise, in many

circumstances was not upheld.

This personally agitated me a lot because the King Arthur story that IS historical and somewhat concrete in fact, is an interesting and compelling story.

Why deviate from that concept and under deliver? I had high hopes for this movie going into it.

From the trailers and what I had seen ...

• prior to viewing, it looked like we were getting a modern day retelling of the King Arthur story, with one of my favorite actors, Clive Owen, playing Arthur.

What we got was an inconsistent and choppy movie.

Anybody with just a general understanding of the legend of King Arthur will be disappointed in this film.

All

that being said, there were some good things about this movie.

Like I said before, the special effects were used nicely and were generally good.

And like I said before, the battle sequences were genuinely entertaining.

That being said, don’t go into this movie expecting to be blown away, but to have fun and be entertained for two hours.

King Arthur

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112808455080131/k2311a0828/8.28.08