LG Studioworks 700E  » Hardware  »
  • CRT monitor that I bought about 4 years back
  • However, since last month I am experiencing a strange problem

• by toxictaz

LG Studioworks 700E is a 17 in. CRT monitor that I bought about 4 years back. I was confused over buying a CRT monitor of going for a TFT monitor.

But finally I settled for LG Studioworks 700E. CRT monitors are preferred over TFT ones because they don’t have the response time problems, ghosting, etc.

My basic needs are gaming,

image editing and watching movies, etc. So, these activities require a monitor which produces a true and perfect display.

LG Studioworks 700E basically is a semiflat monitor. i.

e, its screen is neither rounded nor flat but sort of a semiflat. It displays crispy picture and equally good video.

However, since last month I am experiencing a strange problem. The display ...

• gets halved.

That is, about more than half of the top part of screen gets black and the picture is displayed in the lower half. I have to tilt it upwards or downwards to get the right picture.

I cant figure what is wrong. Apart from this, which is not a problem but a drawback of all the CRT monitors

is that it takes up a lot of power.

A TFT takes up about one third of power as consumed by a normal CRT monitor. CRT monitors are losing their popularity day by day and the day is not far when they will get extinct.

However, TFT displays are getting better and better day by day at the same time.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332808454950131/k2311a0828/8.28.08