Biodome De Montreal in Montreal  » Travel  »
4777 avenue Pierre-de-Coubertin Montréal, QC H1V 1B3, Canada
  • The best way that I can think to describe it is that it's an indoor zoo, split off into four sections, each of which is specifically designed to mimic the animal groups natural habitat as closely as possible
  • The entire experience is truly amazing, in my opinion
  • It's so much more interesting and wonderful than the regular outdoor zoos we're all familiar with
  • If you're planning a trip to Canada, would like to visit some day, or even live there but have never been to the Biodome De Montreal, I highly recommend taking the time to visit

• by pangeacat

My grandfather took me to this place, while we were traveling in Quebec. The best way that I can think to describe it is that it’s an indoor zoo, split off into four sections, each of which is specifically designed to mimic the animal groups natural habitat as closely as possible.

Each section of the Biodome is it’s own ecosystem. A tip, you may want to bring something warm to through on (a sweater or a jacket) when

you’re visiting the colder climate section. You’ll probably enjoy that part more that way. But, make sure that you’re not bundled up too tightly, when you visit the hotter climates in the Biodome.

My favorite part of this place was the bat cave. There is a real bat cave that you can walk through, as it arches over the bridge that you walk on as you go through the exhibits. Between you and the bats (that were flying ...

• to and fro overhead, when I went) is a plexiglass type barrier. For me, this was utterly amazing. I just had to stand there, in awe, staring up at these magnificent creatures. My cousin, on the other hand, is afraid of bats. So, she ran through the cave rather quickly, screaming at me to follow suit.

The entire experience is truly amazing, in my opinion. It’s so much more interesting and wonderful than the regular outdoor zoos

we’re all familiar with. Because these ecosystems are controlled, to make the animals comfortable year round, the animals are much more active than I have ever seen any of them at the many outdoor, run of the mill, zoos I’ve been to.

If you’re planning a trip to Canada, would like to visit some day, or even live there but have never been to the Biodome De Montreal, I highly recommend taking the time to visit. It’s just an awesome experience!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382808454890131/k2311a0828/8.28.08