Alaska cruise Serenade of the Seas  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • I found the Vegas style shows on this ship the best shows I have ever seen
  • The meals in the dining room were great except I was on an Alaskan cruise and there was no Alaskan king crab on the menu which I thought was a bit odd
  • It helped me pick out the type of food I wanted and I found that the lineups were smaller because of the way the stations were done
  • I would definitely sail on this ship again

• by katbar

I sailed on the Serenade of the Seas. This was a beautiful ship. This atrium had a waterfall running down. The view from the elevators was spectacular as everything was glass and you could see the outside as you were traveling up or down. I found the Vegas style shows on this ship the best shows I have ever seen. They surpassed shows I have seen in Vegas. The singers and dancers were fantastic. The way the seating was done let me view the shows without looking

at the back of someone’s head. The only negative things I can say is the bar service is slow in the theatre so if you want a drink while watching the show I would suggest pick one up before you go in.

This is a great ship to take on an Alaska cruise as the ship was built to show the scenery off to its advantage. When I sat down to view the scenery I happened to see whales right outside the ship for free. Didn’t even have ...

• to book a tour for this wonderful sight…

On one of the stops we had to be brought to land via small boats. The crew did a wonderful job bringing everyone back and forth. There were no long waits for this.

The meals in the dining room were great except I was on an Alaskan cruise and there was no Alaskan king crab on the menu which I thought was a bit odd. There were theme nights one of which was Italian but no Alaskan theme night. There was

seafood to be had for dinner and I must say the fish that was cooked was fantastic.

I especially liked the way the food stations were done on the buffet. There were several small stations rather than one large one. It helped me pick out the type of food I wanted and I found that the lineups were smaller because of the way the stations were done.

I would definitely sail on this ship again. This ship had some of the best service I have ever encountered on any cruise.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 42808454780131/k2311a0828/8.28.08