Sunsweet Ones Individually Wrapped Prunes  » Food  »
  • It had been years since I had tried prunes, so I decided to grab a container

• by KristiMoore

I was never a big fan of prunes or dried plums in the past, but I was looking for a sweet, healthy snack the other day and the pretty blue tube shaped container of Sunsweet Ones California Prunes caught my attention. It had been years since I had tried prunes, so I decided to grab a container. I wan’t sure I would like them, so I grabbed some raisins and yogurt covered cranberries as well, just to be safe.

When I got

home, I opened the container and tried one of the individually wrapped prunes. At first, it was a little sweet and the texture was smooth on the outside and very soft. When I began to chew, the flavor exploded! It was delicious! These prunes are so sweet that they taste almost like a candy and the texture is like velvet.

I went back to the store the next day and bought several containers of them. I keep ...

• them at work and in my gym bag for when I need a quick, light snack to chase away my hunger. I’ve also found that they give me energy for extra-long workouts without making me feel full. Just a couple of these little sweets will do the trick.

I will warn you though… go easy on them or you’ll be sorry. They contain a lot of fiber, so a little goes a long way or you’ll find yourself spending more time

in the bathroom than usual. However, fiber is something that most of us are lacking from our diets and it is very beneficial to your health. Keeping a healty digestive system is very important in order to maintain a healthy weight and prevent all sorts of diseases, including cancer.

The next time you’re at the Wal-Mart or your local grocery store, pick up a package of the Sunsweet Ones California Prunes. I’m sure you’ll love them as much as I do!

Nelson Burtt says :

I purchased a bag of Sunsweet Ones Prunes a week later I happened to notice they were 11 months past the “Best By” date is it all right to continue eating them?

Ann LeFlore says :

it is not recommended to eat anything that is that far past the expiration date on the product. If you have your sales receipt and can prove to the market the date you purchased these I would take them back. Normally markets are required t o purge their shelves and aren’t allowed to sell any product that has passed the best by date. I know some markets will sell product that are close to the best by date, but never after the date.

Galega says :

It is already 11 months past the best before/expiry date. That is fairly a large duration. The best you can do is to avoid it completely. Having this Sunsweet Ones Prunes may have serious stomach related problems, as most probably it has now been contaminated with microorganisms.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272808454620131/k2311a0828/8.28.08