McCormick Imitation Maple Extract
  • I decided I would finally make the recipes I been looking at for so long
  • I love that the flavour is pretty strong for imitation and how it colours the frosting almost instantly upon contact
  • Very nice extract and I would recommend to anyone who can't find the pure maple extract either

• by RJR

One day I was looking at recipes on the internet and I came across this maple nut cake with maple butter frosting. I was immediately saddened that I could not try this recipe as my country does not yet import the McCormick Imitation Maple Extract that both recipes called for.

I happened to talk to a friend of mine that lives in the

USA and lo and behold she sent me two small 1fl oz. bottle of the stuff for my birthday! I was extremely happy and delighted. I decided I would finally make the recipes I been looking at for so long.

McCormick’s Imitation Maple Extract has a brownish colour which is actually strong enough to change the colour of white cake frosting to a ...

• lovely light brown which looked perfect to match the name of the recipe (Maple!)

McCormick’s Imitation Maple Extract also boasts a strong flavour considering it is imitation. But since it is imitation you need to use twice the amount that would be used for pure extracts. I was told by my friend that she had a hard time finding McCormick’s Imitation Maple

Extract in particular. I am not sure why this is.

But I am very grateful that she bought me two bottle of McCormick’s Imitation Maple Extract. I love that the flavour is pretty strong for imitation and how it colours the frosting almost instantly upon contact. Very nice extract and I would recommend to anyone who can’t find the pure maple extract either!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272708454160331/k2311a0827/8.27.08