McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
  • So when I went to the USA on vacation I bought a bottle back with me

• by RJR

Since I bake a lot and like to make fancy drinks McCormick’s Pure Vanilla Extract is a staple in my kitchen! I first learned about McCormick’s Pure Vanilla Extract when I had first gotten into baking quite a few years back. I could not find it in my country back then as they didn’t used to import it yet. So when I went to the USA on vacation I bought a bottle

back with me.

I can see why McCormick’s Pure Vanilla Extract is all the rave among people who bake regularly or just plain love the taste of vanilla! The flavour of the McCormick’s Pure Vanilla Extract is quite strong and the scent from it fills your nostrils as you measure it and pour it into your drinks or desserts.

I usually purchase the 1fl oz. bottle of McCormick’s Pure Vanilla Extract and depending on ...

• how much I am using it can last quite a while. But the last bottle I had didn’t last too long, maybe a couple months at most since I started to make homemade ice cream regularly. You really don’t need to use a lot to get the full flavour.

McCormick’s Pure Vanilla Extract is made from Vanilla Bean extractive, Alcohol an Con Syrup. I am not sure what purpose the corn syrup serves

because basic homemade vanilla extract is just vanilla beans and alcohol. Also, sometimes you have to be careful of how much you use if you are making white cake frosting because it can lightly tint the colour of the frosting since the colour of the extract is a dark brown type colour.

Overall, McCormick’s Pure Vanilla Extract is a wonderful product. Don’t go for the imitation, get the real thing, you won’t be sorry!

Eileen Roth says :

Does vanill extract go bad? How can one tell?

John says :

Eileen, it actually doesn’t technically expire. It is alcohol-based which essentially preserves it.

Galega says :

Fortunately, both pure and artificial vanilla extracts last a long time, so most likely the extract you have is perfectly fine. But, then there is an expiry date printed on the pack, which you should follow. It is fairly large enough. Further, you should also ensure about the way you keep it.

Joan McCullough says :

Would like to purchase a larger container of McCormick`s Pure Vanilla Extract. Stores we use only have 4 oz size bottle. We`d like to be more economical, and be greener thank you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272708454150331/k2311a0827/8.27.08