Sony Radio Cassette-Corder CFS-W318  » Electronics  »
  • My mother loved music and it used to cost her a lot to buy all the music she liked and this mostly eliminated that problem
  • But i am impressed by the longevity of this product and the fact that it still picks up radio airwaves with ease even though the actual antenna broke off during the years
  • I believe the Sony Radio Cassette-Corder was a very good purchase by my grandfather

• by RJR

I was quite young when my grandfather bought a Sony Radio Casette-Corder for my mother. In those days one of those type of radios would be expensive and viewed as advance.

My mother loved music and it used to cost her a lot to buy all the music she liked and this mostly eliminated that problem. The Sony Radio Cassette-Corder does just as the name says, records cassettes. The radio was a full sized boom box and it only played AM/FM radio and had two compartments which would only play cassettes. There was no CD feature on it at all.

Compartment A would only be able to play cassettes while compartment B had a record button. You could insert a blank cassette into compartment B and press Play and Record at the same time and leave it to record

music from the radio or even from the cassette in compartment A (which would also have to be playing)

When one side of the blank cassette was filled it would automatically stop the recording by making the Play and Record buttons pop back up again.

Sony’s Radio Cassette-Corder can be powered by two different means, batteries or from an electrical outlet. It would use six size D batteries to power this radio. The battery life was pretty good, depending on how much you are using the radio and the brand of the battery.

Sony’s Radio Cassette-Corder is also headphone compatible. You can plug in your headphones and listen to music if you don’t want to disturb anyone but this radio can pump out some loud music so be careful not to turn it up too loud when you are using ...

• headphone. The volume and tone adjustment buttons are like the buttons on an electric stove. Except they are small and on the top of the radio, not the front or sides. There are about ten different levels of volume and the higher you adjust the tone button the louder the music becomes as well.

I am not sure how or why this happened one day but the antenna of the Sony Radio Cassette-Corder had broke off in the middle but it still picked up the stations just fine. It was when it started to become much older that the whole antenna suddenly came ff while trying to adjust it to take up the radio airwaves. But believe it or not, this radio is still going strong!

My dad actually uses this radio now and if I am right this

Sony Radio Casette-Corder must be at least 11 years old since we got it. My father attached a piece of wire to the antenna area and it picks up radio stations with ease. He just uses it when he is out in the yard doing small projects.

Everything else with this radio is still intact but after having it for so many year it has obviously gotten a bit old looking. I am not sure if it still plays cassettes cause I don’t have any to try it. I bet it still does though.

But i am impressed by the longevity of this product and the fact that it still picks up radio airwaves with ease even though the actual antenna broke off during the years. I believe the Sony Radio Cassette-Corder was a very good purchase by my grandfather.

ardian says :

where i can get it?

RJR replies :

Hi ardian, The best bet you have of getting one of these is to look on the net. Since it is over 10 years ago I would definitely say they are very rare to find or maybe even not in circulation anymore. Good luck

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162708454050231/k2311a0827/8.27.08