Old El Paso Jumbo Taco Kit  » Food  »
1.5
  • I bought a box of Old El Paso Jumbo Taco Kit from my local Coles supermarket
  • Upon opening the sealed pack of 10 jumbo taco's, I found they were stale and some had broken

• by azumarisan

I bought a box of Old El Paso Jumbo Taco Kit from my local Coles supermarket. It was intended for my husbands birthday dinner, and I was planning to use it the next night. That night I opened the box and took all the contents out which included hard taco’s in a seal wrap, taco mince seasoning, and salsa sauce.

Upon opening

the sealed pack of 10 jumbo taco’s, I found they were stale and some had broken. In the past when I have purchased these taco’s they have always been crunchy and fresh. I looked at the use by date and it said “best before: March 2009″, so I knew they were still in code. I couldn’t understand why it had been so ...

• stale and hard even after being sealed up with no holes.

It was a major disappointment for me as it was my husband’s birthday dinner, a special time, and I only had that one box. As a consequence we had to eat stale taco’s which really ruined the evening. I was very upset with Old El Paso, and I still am.

Every time

I have bought taco’s from this company they have been fine. I’m not sure if this one time will only be one time. I have contacted the company but am yet to receive a response.

I am not sure I will buy them again, even though they seem to be good value for money. I would possibly search for another brand of taco’s.

Claudette Laurin says :

I recently bought a kit. It was stored up in my cupboard and when I went to use it, it was not useable. The package had exploded and it was black inside and my shelf has black stain on it. I don`t know how this happened. Have you had any other complaints?

Galega says :

The pack of the taco kit has been torn. The material has gotten out and contaminated which resulted it turning into black. The same color you are seeing in your cupboard. Nothing can be done in this case. You need to keep it safely.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272708453940231/k2311a0827/8.27.08