Air New Zealand  » Airlines  »
  • I flew with Air New Zealand for the first time on a trip to Auckland from Vancouver in May 2008, and I have to say so far, Air New Zealand is the best airline I have ever flown with
  • Each passenger had his/her own personal screen to view an endless selection of movies, music, and video games (I recommend Tetris to pass a few hours)
  • Alcoholic drinks were at no extra cost, which is always nice on an overseas flight
  • I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Air New Zealand to others, and will definitely be traveling with this airline on our next overseas trip

• by esotericat

I flew with Air New Zealand for the first time on a trip to Auckland from Vancouver in May 2008, and I have to say so far, Air New Zealand is the best airline I have ever flown with.

Customer service was superior. Not only were staff helpful, cheerful, and available during the entire flight (approximately

14 hours each way) the flight attendants went above and beyond the call of duty when it came to refilling drinks, responding to passenger requests, and being genuinely friendly when conversing with passengers. I must add that the customer service at the check-in desks was also surprisingly pleasant, helpful, and they were not annoyed in the least when we asked about alternate seating possibilities for the long flight.

In flight entertainment was fantastic. Each passenger had his/her own personal screen to view an endless selection of movies, music, and video games (I recommend Tetris to pass a few hours). The headsets were a good size and had decent sound quality.

The plane was ...

• Air New Zealand
      very clean (including the lavatories - which were spotless during the entire flight), and the food was pretty good (of course it’s still plane food). The best part was, Air New Zealand staff wander up and down the aisles regularly to see if you want a drink, or refill. Alcoholic drinks were at no extra
      cost, which is always nice on an overseas flight.

All in all, Air New Zealand earned 5 stars for customer service, comfort, entertainment, food and drink, and they also were on time for both flights.

I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending Air New Zealand to others, and will definitely be traveling with this airline on our next overseas trip.

Air New Zealand

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402708453890231/k2311a0827/8.27.08