Air Canada  » Airlines  »
  • I've traveled with Air Canada many times in the past (on average twice a year) and have never been terribly impressed with the customer service
  • But this incident has certainly made me consider other airlines for my future flights
  • I realize this incident involved a flight attendant, not the airline itself, but after traveling with Air New Zealand, and Qantas during this same trip, I could definitely see the difference with the attitudes of the flight attendants

• by esotericat

The last trip I took with Air Canada was rather disappointing. On the 23rd of May, 2008, three of us boarded an Air Canada flight from Los Angeles bound for Vancouver. Although the flight itself was uneventful (the plane itself was in great shape, seats were comfortable and not crowded, and the snack served during the flight was fine), it was the customer service on the flight that was appalling.

To begin, one of the flight attendants passed out customs cards to all of the passengers to fill out since we were entering Canada (our home country), and asked us to please have

the cards filled out before we departed the aircraft. The gentleman seated next to me did not have a pen, and politely asked the flight attendand if she had anything for him to write with. Not only did she not offer to help him, she also responded to him in a condescending manner and embarassed him. Talk about terrible customer service. (Of course I offered him my pen).

In the middle of the flight, I had gotten out of my seat to use the lavatory. As I made my way into the back of the plane, the flight attendant yelled to ...

• the top of her lungs that the seatbelt sign was on, and that I was to return to my seat immediately (I didn’t notice that the light had been turned on). In my embarrassment, I started back towards my seat, when she yelled, “Well, you might as well go now, you’re already here!”

I’ve traveled with Air Canada many times in the past (on average twice a year) and have never been terribly impressed with the customer service. But this incident has certainly made me consider other airlines for my future flights. I realize this incident involved a flight attendant, not

the “airline” itself, but after traveling with Air New Zealand, and Qantas during this same trip, I could definitely see the difference with the attitudes of the flight attendants. With Qantas and Air New Zealand, the flight attendants were pleasant, there to help, and had smiles on their faces. Air Canada flight attendants in contrast looked tired, annoyed, and they couldn’t wait to get us off the plane.

I realize that being a flight attendant is not an easy job, but it seems there is something lacking with Air Canada’s customer service training (or maybe Air Canada is not paying their flight attendants enough).

Air Canada

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402708453870231/k2311a0827/8.27.08