Danby Ice N Easy Countertop Ice Maker model # DIM1524W  » Electronics  »
  • I highly recommend this ice maker for those who entertain a lot or for those with large families who go through a lot of ice in a day

• by KristiMoore

This impressive little machine makes ice in record time! I also like it because it takes up very little space on my kitchen counter, only about 18″ cubed. It is a bit heavy, but I don’t tend to move it around much.

The ice maker is very simple to use. All you do is plug it in, add 1 gallong of water to the reservoir, put the ice bucket back inside,

close the lig, then hit the power button. If you want medium size ice cubes, then you don’t have to do anything else, but it you want small cubes or large cubes, then you push the size selection button on the control pad. The ice maker will start in just a few second.

It will make small ice cubes in about 9 or 10 minutes and it takes a little longer for ...

• the medium or large cubes.

When I’m having friends over, I always make a couple of bags of ice the night before and put them in my freezer so I’ll have enough. It will actually make about 33 pounds of ice in a day if you keep making more and bagging it up. The bucket will hold about 3 pounds of ice at a time.

Once I have finished

making ice, I usually just empty the reservoir and unplug the unit. You can leave ice in it for up to 12 hours, but the manufacturer recommends to empty it after that time so that mold and mildew can’t begin to form in the machine.

I highly recommend this ice maker for those who entertain a lot or for those with large families who go through a lot of ice in a day.

Debbie says :

I bought The Danby Ice N` Easy last summer and just plugged it in this year to use. I gets cold inside, but the fan is not turning on. Am I doing anything wrong? The water is not freezing

Galega says :

As I see, the machine is unable to pump water. That can be because of the fan which is not turning, or something more serious problem. You had not used this ice maker for long, and sometimes a machine kept idle for long developed some internal problem. It comes with 12 months warranty. I think it is the time when you should take it to the service center to fix this issue.

Shauna Parsons says :

We are having a problem with the machine. We are getting a triangler alarm on the screen and we do not know what that means - we are unable to make ice. Can you help. ASAP Thank you Shauna Parsons

Galega says :

The triangular alarm you are talking about indicates that the container is filled with ice. That is a remarkable feature. However, in your case, the alarm is on without making ice. It means that the machine is malfunctioning. I think the problem lies with the self cleaning function of this ice maker. You may want to get it repaired.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162708453860231/k2311a0827/8.27.08