Samsung Upstage  » Phones  »
  • There are definitely some pros and cons to it
  • I bought a digital camera to take pictures, that's not why I own my cell phone
  • The big red case I pop it into makes it a purse phone instead of a pocket phone, and to me, that's it's greatest problem
  • Also, I've used things like the blackberry, so I know how easy it can be to type a message

• by wardourgirl

I have the red version of the phone. There are definitely some pros and cons to it. The reasons why I love it are as follows:

1. It’s tiny! I dare you to go out and find a phone as thin and small as the upstage on the American market. It’s compact and that’s a reason to buy a phone if I ever had one. I’m never a fan of bulky electronics. Everything I ever wanted was smaller than the previous version of it. I hate having things that are a modern day necessity be a literal weight on my person. As a lady, I find that jeans or pants are always too tight to hold a

phone. It’s a ‘00 trend that people will look back on with laughter that women in photographs will have giant bulges out of their jean pockets because phones were “so big” back in the early 2000’s. I can’t wait for them to get even smaller.

2. It does everything I want a phone to do. It calls people. I can store numbers in it, and it calls people. That’s simple enough isn’t it?

3. It has all the nice bonuses. I can get voicemail, text messages, and take decent photos. I realize that these things are usually not considered bonuses anymore, but to me they sill are. I bought a digital camera to take pictures, that’s not why ...

• I own my cell phone. When my phone can take digital camera quality pictures, I’ll buy that one and ditch my camera, but for now, if I have to carry both, I’m going to carry a teeny tiny phone because if I want good pictures, I’ll still need a camera. Oh yeah, and the texts and voicemail are nice too.

Now the cons. There are bad things about this phone too.

1. The battery is crap! I have to charge the phone every night without fail. If I don’t, I’ll have to carry it around in its auxiliary battery case which completely defeats the purpose of it being thin in the first place. The big red case I pop

it into makes it a purse phone instead of a pocket phone, and to me, that’s it’s greatest problem.

2. Secondly, text messaging it difficult. You have to flip the phone from side to side to choose a person to text and then to type the message. Also, I’ve used things like the blackberry, so I know how easy it can be to type a message. Going back and forth from front screen to back screen and then typing letters though a numerical keyboard is annoying! I’m not a big texter, and it’s probably because I own a phone like this.

Overall though, I’m happy enough. I’m excited about the net generation though, it’s supposedly an 1/8 of an inch thinner!

Samsung Upstage

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372708453610231/k2311a0827/8.27.08