Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull  » Movies  »
  • Diehard Spielberg fans (if those exist) won't be disappointed (and neither will the regular Spielberg fans like me)
  • He makes the seemingly impossible task of making history cool and interesting look easy

• by GreenFairy

The new Indiana Jones flick did well at the box office and for good reason. It’s a nice compliment to the old trilogy, but I have to say, I hope they don’t make a fifth Indy film. Diehard Spielberg fans (if those exist) won’t be disappointed (and neither will the regular Spielberg fans like me).

It’s got all the elements and magic of the old Indy movies. The action is as breathtaking as it is comical, and Indiana himself is every bit as

suave.

Harrison Ford was everything I hoped he would be in the role. He was my first childhood crush, and while I knew he wouldn’t be in the flawless shape that the old Indiana was, I was still afraid of a let down.

Fortunately, he was the same clever, smooth, and irrisitable archeologist we all know and love from the old flicks. He makes the seemingly impossible task of making history cool and interesting look easy.

Shiah Lebouf, Ford’s young costar, is an ...

• entertaining addition to the cast. Ford and Lebouf’s interactions provide warmth and sarcasm that only Spielberg could create.

While watching the film, I realized I’d forgotten the sometimes unrealistic nature of the old trilogy. Some scenes may seem odd, or downright ridiculous.

The action may be impossible or implausable. This annoyed one of my fellow movie goers to the point that he decided the movie was a disappointment.

And yes, while some stuff is farfetched, don’t forget the crazy supernatural scenes in the

old Indy movies! It was that kind of thing, that for me and many other viewers, added to the magic of the trilogy. I really felt this was a great compliment to those old films.

But, as I said, I don’t hope for another. This film felt like a good ending, the period on the entertaining sentence that is Indiana Jones.

I don’t want them to push us to the point where Indy is just another part of the endless insignificant collection of movies from Hollywood.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112608453220131/k2311a0826/8.26.08