Alka-Seltzer (Original)  » Medicine  »
  • I've heard people recommend sipping on Sprite to ease nausea (something about the carbonation is helpful), but I would stay away from sugar if you're already feeling queasy
  • It also comes in a lemon flavor which might be better for some, but I prefer the regular stuff
  • I'm often unable to drink much water when I'm nauseated, so it's really convenient to have the medicine in water

• by GreenFairy

Alka-Seltzer seems to be a little wonder drug for those with stomach pains. During an experiment using Alka-Seltzer in my chemistry lab, I was suprised to find that most of my fellow students didn’t even know what it was for! If you’ve ever been sick or been nauseated for any reason at all, you can’t afford to not know about this stuff. It knocks out my nausea quicker than anything else. And as a frequent sufferer of stomach discomfort, I’ve tried quite a few over-the-counter remedies.

I’ve heard people recommend sipping on Sprite to ease nausea (something about

the carbonation is helpful), but I would stay away from sugar if you’re already feeling queasy. Alka-Seltzer provides carbonation without the sweets. It seems to sizzle away feelings of discomfort.

I take it whenever I have a stomach flu, bad motion sickness, or even from overeating. It seriously takes only five to ten minutes to kick in. I’ll go from crouching over a trash can about to vomit to walking around, and possibly finding some crackers to nibble on.

Now I’m pretty small and easily affected by medicines, so you may want to try extra strength if you’re ...

• more drug resistant. Alka-Seltzer is also a big relief for heartburn, I’ve found. It has an antacid in it in addition to its other miracle ingredients! I usually try antacids like Mylanta if I feel the pain, but once it gets really bad, I turn to Alka-Seltzer.

Again, it works really fast and gets the job done. One unique thing about Seltzer, is that it comes in dissolvable tablet form. You drop the tablets into water.

It sizzles and dissolves, and then you drink down the mixture. Some people might not like the taste, especially at first. I

actually don’t mind it at all.

It doesn’t taste especially good, but it’s not bitter or gross either. It also comes in a lemon flavor which might be better for some, but I prefer the regular stuff. It’s actually a nice benefit to take it in this fashion.

When you’re not feeling good, hydrating can do wonders. I’m often unable to drink much water when I’m nauseated, so it’s really convenient to have the medicine in water. This is a great drug to have in your home.

It’s a quick fix when you need it, and fairly cheap as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262608453210131/k2311a0826/8.26.08