“Speak in a Week” Spanish Language CD set  » Education  »
  • It's very convenient if you drive a lot, to use the cd's
  • Unfortunately, they were all very basic too
  • Now for that purpose, I believe it's really well designed

• by GreenFairy

I got this product at Sam’s Club for around $25. I got it, looking for a supplement for studying to take a placement test. I’d studied Spanish in high school and wanted to use my knowledge to earn some college credit without having to take intro classes.

It’s very convenient if you drive a lot, to use the cd’s. It says

phrases, and you repeat them.

It’s a good vocabulary builder and a way to work on pronunciation. The pack came with four different levels.

I started with the first and found that it was a little too basic for me. I expected the higher levels might be more appropriate.

Unfortunately, they were all very basic too. It covered less than my ...

• high school Spanish 1 class did.

I felt kind of dumb for not expecting that. It is afterall designed to teach you to “speak in a week.

” Now for that purpose, I believe it’s really well designed. It teaches some basic, important concepts.

You learn to say things that will actually be of use if you’re planning to visit a Spanish

speaking country. You won’t learn anything complicated, but you should be able to get a point across.

It emphasizes vocabulary related to things like getting around, ordering food, asking for things, etc. It is very well made for travelers.

The next time I travel to somewhere with a foreign language, I will look for this product in that language. It’s a good buy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502608453200131/k2311a0826/8.26.08