Carvinal Celebration Cruises  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • At any rate, once we boarded the ship, I found the ocean-view state room to be just as appealing as the brochures
  • While the ship's dining rooms boasted endless treats, I found the Wheelhouse Bar & Grill to have the best food (even better than the gourmet rooms) -but because of the patrons, it felt more like a school cafeteria

• by Famous
      Last summer I took a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas on the Carnival Celebration, leaving from Jacksonville, FL. Since it was my first time taking a cruise, I was very excited-especially upon being told how many amenities there are on board (Oh the buffets!!!). At any rate, once we boarded the ship, I found the ocean-view state room to be just as appealing as the brochures.

(And yes, they really do fold up

the towels into little animals. ) Since I took the cruise in the summer time, there were tons of children and families on board with the same idea as me and my guest.

While the ship’s dining rooms boasted endless treats, I found the Wheelhouse Bar & Grill to have the best food (even better than the gourmet rooms) -but because of the patrons, it felt more like a school cafeteria. The swimming ...

• pools on this ship aren’t very large.

I often found that there were too many people to really enjoy it. Finding a lounge chair was even worse.

(I saved my swimming for the Bahamas. ) The drink specials were really great—only about $2 for Drink Special of the Day! This cruise is also great for those who like gambling.

Surprisingly, the casino was never crowded. Overall,

the Carnival Celebration is wonderful cruise to take -especially for those who’ve traveled the seas before.

From browsing Carnival’s website (and based on the accounts of others), I can tell that the Celebration is one of the more “economical” ships. I would take another cruise on this ship.

But if you’re looking for privacy, or a romantic getaway, I would suggest traveling in the off-season-and/or sailing on one of Carnival’s more upscale ships.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 480445280230/k2311a048/4.8.06