Easy-Bake Classic Oven and Snack Center  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • I think she envisioned being able to make plates of cookies or brownies to share with her friends

• by Nicki Mann

My 5-year-old niece received this toy for her birthday, and was very excited about it. I think she envisioned being able to make plates of cookies or brownies to share with her friends. At least, thats what I envisioned… I never had an Easy Bake Oven when I was a kid, so all I had to draw from was the commercials on TV and the picture

on the box. (Both the commercial and the box show happy little girls sharing plates of cookies with their friends!) Basically, the Easy Bake Oven comes with a small oven that is heated by a light bulb, a very tiny little pan, a “grabber”, and some sort of weird and hard-to-decipher measuring spoon. All you have to do is mix the packet of ingredients with a ...

• little water, put it in the little pan, and then stick it in the oven for ten minutes. (And when I say YOU, I mean YOU, the adult! Because the child you are supervising will get bored by the time the Easy Bake Oven is preheated, will try to eat the cookie dough while its still raw, and will wander off and leave YOU to do
        the rest!) For all your hard work, you are rewarded with ONE cookie or ONE brownie!

Since you have to be there anyway to supervise the use of the Easy Bake Oven, you might as well skip the whole thing, buy some pre-made cookie dough or mix up your own, let your little chef arrange LOTS of cookies on a tray, and bake them in the REAL oven!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532608452561231/k2311a0826/8.26.08