Cloverfield (2008)  » Movies  »
  • I was worried about it being similar, but when I went to see it, I noticed the differences
  • To top it off, it is, in my opinion, much better than Godzilla

• by Justin Woodward

Cloverfield takes place in New York City. The story is that a video camera was found at a “ground zero” site, somewhere near Central Park. On the camera, you begin to see a movie as you would watching a home video. Eventually, after an introduction to the movie to get into the minds of the characters, something has entered New York City. People are unaware what it is, but it seems to be some type of creature wreaking havoc.

Personally, I feel that Cloverfield was a great movie. It was nothing like Blaire

Witch, which was one of the worst movies I had ever seen. I was worried about it being similar, but when I went to see it, I noticed the differences. Cloverfield is a very intense movie and is not made for people who are prone to dizziness or seizures. The special effects are outstanding and the movie has you on the edge of your seat in its entirety. Buildings are caving in, bridges collapsing, the works. To top it off, it is, in my opinion, much better than Godzilla. It’s a lot ...

• more exciting and realistic in terms of the camera view.

The first person video camera view makes it a good movie by use of quick movements, colors, explosions, etc. It makes you feel as if you are there the entire time. My heart was about to burst out of my chest, it was so intense. As a mentioned above, it is nothing like Blaire Witch. It is much better in every aspect and really exceeded my expectations.

Overall, Cloverfield was well put together, and well thought out. I do not want to spoil

the movie by telling you complete details, because it wouldn’t be as fun if I were to do so. I will, however, tell you that is is more than worth the purchase of the DVD, because it is a movie you will be amazed by. Just a tip when you are watching it. In the final scene, pay very close attention to the ocean on the right side. Most people missed this ending and called it a bad one. It wasn’t, just pay attention and you will be very happy. A well deserved 9/10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112608452451231/k2311a0826/8.26.08