Veronica Mars Season 1 Episode 4  » TV  »
  • I really love this episode, not so much because the episode mystery is particularly good (It's not, I'll get to that in a second) but because we get to see Veronica helping Wallace out and we really get a sense of how far she would go for her friends
  • Overall, the best episode since the pilot

• by Slyboots

I really love this episode, not so much because the episode mystery is particularly good (It’s not, I’ll get to that in a second) but because we get to see Veronica helping Wallace out and we really get a sense of how far she would go for her friends. The Veronica-Wallace friendship is my favorite in the show, in the whole three seasons, so whenever they get to interact a lot in any episode, I’m pretty excited.

Now,

to the episode mystery…Well, the premise of it is pretty flimsy. This girl that Wallace has a crush on got suckered into one of the oldest email scams in the book. That she would fall for something so obvious does not speak well to her intelligence or common sense at all. I understand that Wallace is a teenage boy and all, and hormones, etc; but I would like to think that he would have better tastes than that ...

• idiot. Luckily, we never see her again after this episode.

There is a lot of Lilly stuff going on in this episode and it’s all handled beautifully. We really get a sense of Lilly and what a huge loss it was for Veronica, Duncan and Logan, Lilly’s boyfriend. Logan and Veronica has traded barbs and quips throughout the season, but this is the first time (and last, for a while) that we see the characters working together. When

I first watched this episode, I immediately sensed the actors’ chemistry, but I just thought that Logan was so irredeemable that nothing could ever come of it.

This episode also uses flashback very well. The show as a whole uses it a lot in this season, to various degrees of success, but it was utilized pretty flawlessly here to show the relationships that everyone had before Lilly died and how much has really changed.

Overall, the best episode since the pilot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102608452231231/k2311a0826/8.26.08