Veronica Mars Season 1 Episode 3  » TV  »
  • My first thought when I found out that the woman who had been going to visit Justin at his job at a video store was actually Justin's dad was, 'yuck, this kid just suggested Body Heat to his transvestite father'
  • But I digress, because besides that mystery, the episode is pretty interesting
  • Veronica is still dating Troy in this episode, but their relationship never really took off to me, mostly because I don't think the show really wanted it to
  • Overall, the first season has much better episodes, but episode three still has a lot of fun stuff in it ( I love every exchange between Veronica and Wallace)

• by Slyboots

*spoilers ahoy* Episode three of the first season of Veronica Mars is probably one of my least favorites of the season, mostly because I found the episode mystery to be fairly ridiculous. The episode follows Veronica as she doggedly tries to find the father of one of her classmates, Justin. When she finds him, he’s not exactly a him anymore, and eventually it all works out.

Justin’s dad was, ‘yuck, this kid just suggested Body Heat to his transvestite father’. Maybe something was strange with my family, but I wouldn’t suggest that movie to someone I was related to, or even someone older than me? It’s just creepy.

But I digress, because besides that mystery, the episode is pretty interesting. It delves more into Duncan’s character as we discover that he’s been on anti-depressants after his sister Lily’s death and that, perhaps, he’s not quite over Veronica.

When I watched this for the first time, I was rooting ...

• for Veronica and Duncan to get back together (this will greatly change as the show progresses)so I remember being happy that Duncan finally got something interesting to do. He’s presented as being Veronica’s first love, but up until this episode, he’s sort of been a wet rag.

Veronica is still dating Troy in this episode, but their relationship never really took off to me, mostly because I don’t think the show really wanted it to. We know from the first episode that Veronica is going to be with Duncan, and so, as

smart television watchers, we can tell that Troy is going to be more or less gone soon because he’s not as cute as Duncan. Funny, yes, but his chemistry never meshes with Veronica. Therefore, there is nothing really at stake with this relationship, because we never really feel the connection between the characters. But that’s okay, again, because we know that we aren’t really supposed to.

Overall, the first season has much better episodes, but episode three still has a lot of fun stuff in it ( I love every exchange between Veronica and Wallace).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102608452221131/k2311a0826/8.26.08