Great Wolf Lodge
1.5
WA
  • Next, I found out that the pool hours are from 9 am until 9 pm This was fine with me until I found out that check in wasn't until 4pm with absolutly no early check in's and that check out was at 11 am This ment that if we got there and got straight into the water we would, at the most, have 7 hours at the pool
  • For a fraction of the cost I could have gone to wild waves and enchanted village and had swimming and rides
  • I believe that the idea the lodge had was a good one

• by little_momma

The great wolf lodge is a hotel and inside water attraction all in one. It opened up summer of 2008 and everyone was expecting great things from it. I had decided it would be fun to take my family there instead of wild waves for a change. I was wrong. Don’t get me wrong, the rooms are nice and when you get a family suite they allow more privacy from the kids than most hotel rooms. That is about where all the positives about this place ends.

When I called

to reserve the room I was shocked to learn that it was almost $200 for one night during the week and almost $250 on the weekend…I understand that prices go up in summer but come on! Next, I found out that the pool hours are from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. This was fine with me until I found out that check in wasn’t until 4p.m. with absolutly no early check in’s and that check out was at 11 a.m. This ment that if we got there and got straight ...

• into the water we would, at the most, have 7 hours at the pool. Subtract the time standing in line for slides and getting out to go eat and you would barely have done anything.

When we checked in, my fear was reality. The place was packed and lines for the slides took over 45 minutes to make it through. Needless to say, I will not be taking my family there again. For a fraction of the cost I could have gone to wild waves and enchanted village and

had swimming and rides.

I believe that the idea the lodge had was a good one. It could be a safe family oriented place eventually but they need to get the cost and time lines straightened out. In conclusion, I would say if you are on a set monetary amount for your vacation, stay away from great wolf lodge. Its not worth the cost. However, if you have money to throw away, then go for it. Its not worth the money but the rooms are a sight to see.

Great Wolf Lodge
    Mom says :

I’ve been to better water parks as well, but this person should have looked into it a bit harder… The check in time applied only to the hotel room. We were able to access the water area at 1 00 pm. As for check out time, you have to check out of your room by 11 am, but you may enjoy the amenities until closing. A little research would have saved you a lot of heartache. In both cases, you would have to stow your luggage in the car, but that was the same as Kalahari and others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22608451901131/k2311a0826/8.26.08