Sodium Naproxen painkillers  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • I was thankful that I had never had a problem with swallowing pills of any size, but these were about the same size, length and width, as the top joint of my pinky if not a little bit bigger than that
  • I know a ton of people who could never take these simply by virtue of how big they are
  • For people who have problems swallowing pills, it definitely is not worth the hardship
  • When I think about it, I wonder what the darn things were even invented for they do not work

• by KatieLynn

Naproxen Painkillers

Before my OB/GYN put me on birth control for my incredibly, ridiculously painful menstrual cramps, I was put on prescription painkillers for the pain by my regular physician. When I say painful, I mean literally debilitating cramps. I would have to take days off from school, go home early from school; I would pass out from how badly it hurt and several times I had even thrown up because of how intense the pain was.

The painkillers that I was put on was call Naproxen Sodium, blah blah blah. You know, all the scientific jargon. It was called Naproxen for short. I was really looking forward to having them, because I was looking forward to an end to my pain.

They claimed to work for 12 hours, you were only supposed to take one a day, two at the most, and I thought hey, these must be good if you only need one and they last for this long! I was very willing to try them out. And then I picked them up at the pharmacy, and I got the first unpleasant surpise.

These are HORSE-PILLS. They are huge! I was thankful that I had never had a problem with swallowing pills of any size, but these were about the same size, length and width, as the top joint of my pinky if not a little bit bigger than that. If I recall correctly, there was ...

• also no dash mark in the middle of the pill where someone could accurately cut the pill in half for a painkiller, that certainly is not very wise! I know a ton of people who could never take these simply by virtue of how big they are. For people who have problems swallowing pills, it definitely is not worth the hardship.

You would think that something that darn huge would at least do what it promises; I was better off with advil! You are only supposed to take one pill every 12 hours, but these things never started working! I know that my pain was really intense, but I would take a pill in the morning before school and would wait

for it to kick in it never did. In fact, it almost seemed like it evoked even more cramps, or brought them on sooner. I would get as far as the bus on the way to school, and BAM. I would get that nasty unpleasant dull feeling the my lower abdomen a wave of cramps was about to come on, and the stupid horse pill never did anything to help it.

I would absolutely not waste my money on these again. We kept them around, but they would not even help with things like headaches or muscle aches either. When I think about it, I wonder what the darn things were even invented for they do not work!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262508451790531/k2311a0825/8.25.08