Samsung Instinct Text Messaging
  • One of the best reasons for anyone to get a Samsung Instinct is the messaging that it provides you and considering the fact that you are required to buy an everything plan with unlimited messaging and everything I know that you will be taking full advantage of this and send a huge amount of messages a month but if your going to do that then you need to know how easily you will be able to do so and how much fun you will most likely have if you were to use it to its full capability
  • However, I must say that there were a lot of things that made me disappointed because they did not work well for me, when you load up the messaging menu you will see a keyboard on the screen which you can touch (of course) well the problem with this is that the keypad is in alphabetical order and this makes it hard to use
  • I found that when using this mode it took me five or more minutes to just type a text because the keys have a very weird location that I would never have expected

• by rich

One of the best reasons for anyone to get a Samsung Instinct is the messaging that it provides you and considering the fact that you are required to buy an everything plan with unlimited messaging and everything I know that you will be taking full advantage of this and send a huge amount of messages a month but if your going to do that then you need to know how easily you will be able to do so and how much fun you will most likely have if you were to use it to its full capability. However, I must say that there were a lot of things that made me disappointed because they did not work well for me, when you load up the messaging menu you will see a keyboard

on the screen which you can touch (of course) well the problem with this is that the keypad is in alphabetical order and this makes it hard to use.

I found that when using this mode it took me five or more minutes to just type a text because the keys have a very weird location that I would never have expected.

The numbers are located at the bottom which was also different and made me send text slower than normal.

Also the keypad takes up almost half the screen so that you are unable to see messages when they are longer, in order to see them you have to hide the keyboard and go back and fourth which only requires one click but I found it to be annoying and just ...

• wanted to see my whole message at once.

You also have the ability to switch modes and access other things like handwriting mode which allows you to write on the screen with your nail and it will input that text into your message.

This looks great but it did not understand my writing at times and it takes a minutes to type when it does.

I have never typed a whole message with this because it takes too long and also it works very little with your finger tip pressing it.

If you want the standard keypad you need to hold the phone between your hands and you will find the standard keypad and here you will see that the phone can predict the text while your typing which is a

bit like the regular one but not the same.

When you type you will see your words in red for incorrect spelled words or white for correctly spelled words and you can add them to the phone which is nice.

Also when you send a message your phone will keep track of it along with your name and when someone sends a reply it will put the text at the bottom of yours.

This is called threaded and keeps your convos in order which is nice because I sometimes get annoyed by having different text from the same person.

You can delete separate messages within a thread by clicking and you can keep the ones you want.

It also keeps all your convos separate so that it can group them with your conversations.

nicci says :

How can i hange my text messaging so i can write longer ones?

Jules Li says :

SMS messages are designed to be short. It’s impossible to exceed the character limit. If you have to send a longer message, it’s recommended that you send it via email.

Kay says :

hi nicci. if your phone converts the sms to mms when your message becomes too long just do the following:
    go to SMS
    settings
    text message (SMS) settings
    input mode
    change to GSM alphabet
    return to messaging

when you compose a SMS of more than 160 characters, your phone will allow you to continue typing your message without limit, what would happen though is that when the message is sent it will be split into multiple messages.

hope this helps.

kristen says :

Why do my messages send at a high priority? And how to I change it?

Kay says :

hi kristen. When you send a SMS at a high priority, the recipient will just see high priority in the message. you can change it while composing a message, tap on the menu to access the additional messaging options, choosing priority level then select Normal.
    hope this helps.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222508451570531/k2311a0825/8.25.08