A & O City Taxi  » Travel  »
1.5
New Rochelle, NY
  • Well, I decided that I should go into the administration office and tell them about my situation and ask them to help me
  • I had to walk the rest of the way and this man had the same problem with the coupon I gave him but he took it after calling the office and asking about it
  • He was clearly not happy and I had to walk into the class almost an hour and a half late which meant that everyone noticed me and had to beg the teacher for me to take the test

• by rich

This is a taxi cab company that I used for the first time when I was running late for school on a day during finals week. On a normal day I would go to the college campus in New Rochelle and take the school shuttle bus to the campus at the Bronx. However, on this day I had woken up late since I stayed up late working on my books and so after taking over an hour to get ready I had missed the bus by about 20 minutes which was much too late for me to take the bus.

Also, the next bus was not coming for hours but if I did not show up for my final I would have been in a huge

amount of trouble and failed the class because of the fact that I did not show up to the final test. Well, I decided that I should go into the administration office and tell them about my situation and ask them to help me.

The guy told me that he could not arrange for me to take the test at a later time unless I was at the correct campus and spoke to the teacher. But he said that he could give me a voucher from the school for this taxi company and that all I would have to do is give it to them driver so that I could get a ride without having to pay and I could get to class quickly.

So I ...

• went ahead and called the taxi company and I was told they would be there in five minutes but they did not arrive until almost fifteen minutes later. Then when I gave the driver the coupon he asked for me to call the administrator because he did not believe that it was real.

I waited for him to call and when he found out it was real he called his base to tell them about it. For the whole time he was quiet and did not say anything at all and about five minutes into the ride he started having car troubles and it started to steam and his car eventually stopped.

He asked me to wait while he called someone else and within another 10

minutes there was a replacement for him. The guy takes about another 8 minutes to drive his car near the campus but he did not know the correct place so he could not find where I wanted to go.

I had to walk the rest of the way and this man had the same problem with the coupon I gave him but he took it after calling the office and asking about it. He was clearly not happy and I had to walk into the class almost an hour and a half late which meant that everyone noticed me and had to beg the teacher for me to take the test.

She was nice enough to let me do it but I almost did not make it there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382508451560531/k2311a0825/8.25.08