Crowne Plaza Heidelberg Germany  » Hotels  »
1.5
Heidelberg, Germany
  • In general, I was a bit disappointed with my stay there
  • Unfortunately, other guests were watching TV till late in the night, disturbing my attempts to sleep two out of three nights spent there
  • Although this is often the case in the USA and some other countries, I have always enjoyed the fact that breakfast is included in the most European hotels
  • The room was quite expensive and I definitely did not get a good value for my money

• by karlak
      Last week I spent three nights in the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Heidelberg, Germany. I have to admit that this was my first stay in the Crowne Plaza Hotels and that my expectations were high since my father always speaks favourably of this hotel chain. The Crowne Plaza Hotel in Heidelberg is situated in the town centre and, as advertised on the web page, offers outstanding five-star accommodation. On the web page was also mentioned that the hotel offers stylish rooms and suites meeting the highest standards of comfort as well as the swimming pool and sauna.

Indeed, hotel was big (over 200 rooms) and well-situated, however, I find that all other points made on the web page

were somewhat exaggerated. In general, I was a bit disappointed with my stay there. My room was quite small and not stylish at all, but I do not mind the size.

I was more annoyed with odour of the room which was everything but pleasant, probably due to some cleaning agent used presumably to clean the carpet. I am sensitive to odours and this is the main reason why I always ask for non-smoker room. I assume I was given one this time as well, although I am not sure.

I also did not like the sound isolation as I could clearly hear sounds from the neighbouring rooms. Unfortunately, other guests were watching TV till late in the ...

• night, disturbing my attempts to sleep two out of three nights spent there. Everything else was fine.

My bathroom was small but clean, no objections on it. The bed was comfortable, however, I had only one pillow and one blanket. I was disappointed to hear that I need to pay 20eur/day for an internet connection, this increased my expenses for additional 80eur.

Parking had to be paid as well, but I was used to that. However, I was not used to hear that breakfast is not included in price. Although this is often the case in the USA and some other countries, I have always enjoyed the fact that breakfast is included in the most European hotels.

In

any case, breakfast was not lavish as I expected it, but there was some warm food around. I did not spot any warm bread or milk. I like swimming a lot.

When I choose to stay in five-star hotel, I appreciate having a good, big swimming pool. This was however not the case in the Crowne Plaza Hotel Heidelberg. Sauna was decent, whirlpool was again too small.

Towers were provided, but shampoos and shower gels were not available. Overall, I was not satisfied with my stay in this hotel. The room was quite expensive and I definitely did not get a good value for my money.

Next time I am going to stay in some other hotel while being in Heidelberg.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 270445150730/k2311a047/4.7.06