Thamada Hotel Yangon  » Hotels  »
5 Signal Pagoda Road , Yangon , Myanmar.
  • It was very convenient staying at the Thamada Hotel
  • I would definitely suggest Thamada Hotel to my colleagues and friends back home for their visit to Yangon on business or tour trips

• by Mark Williams

I was visiting Yangon, Myanmar, on a business trip once. My business appointments were right in the downtown business core. So, I wanted to stay at a hotel close to the downtown core. With the suggestion of my colleagues, I chose to stay at the Thamada Hotel.

That was an excellent choice. Thamada Hotel was located very close to the downtown core, yet a bit away from the noisy streets in the City center. It was a very pleasant location.

I was quite pleased with the place from the moment I walked in to the

reception lobby. It was well laid out and comfortably furnished. The staff at the reception counter was very courteous and hospitable, giving me the feeling of coming back home.

I had a room on a high floor with a nice view of the surrounding. It had all the amenities to make the stay pleasant and comfortable, air conditioning, satellite TV, mini bar, telephone. The restaurant in the hotel was a pleasant place to enjoy Myanmar and international cuisines.

Room service was also very prompt and hospitable, making certain that the guest received what was ordered.

• The lobby was a nice place to relax at the end of a busy day too. It was very convenient staying at the Thamada Hotel.

Places of my business appointments were just a few minutes walking distance. The shopping centers and places of interest for tourists were also very closeby. I took the opportunity to walk over to the Bogyoke Market, the largest shopping center in the City, which was just 5 minutes walking distance from Thamada Hotel.

There were many excellent restaurants in the locality too to enjoy Myanmar specialities. I also took the opportunity to

go to the Shwedagon Pagoda, one of the most highly revered Pagodas in the Buddhist world. The Pagoda was just ten minutes from the Hotel by taxi.

My stay at the Thamada Hotel was very comfortable and pleasant. The facilities were perfect and the services every where were very courteous and friendly. Thamada Hotel was a very good place for business travellers like me and tourists to stay.

I look forward to going back there again should I have the opportunity to visit Yangon in the future. I would definitely suggest Thamada Hotel to my colleagues and friends back home for their visit to Yangon on business or tour trips.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22508450230231/k2311a0825/8.25.08