Kandawgyi Palace Hotel Yangon  » Hotels  »
City Centre , Yangon , Myanmar
  • I was really very impressed with the place
  • First of all, the location of Kandawgyi Palace Hotel was so convenient for me to attend to my business appointments in the downtown core
  • I had a deluxe room on a high floor with an amazing view of the Kandawgyi Lake, so tranquil and pleasant
  • I would definitely recommend Kandawgyi Palace Hotel to my colleagues and friends back home for their visits to Yangon for business or for holidays

• by Mark Williams

I stayed at the Kandawgyi Palace Hotel during one of my business trips to Yangon, Myanmar. I was really very impressed with the place. This became one of my favorite hotels to stay whenever I would visit Yangon. First of all, the location of Kandawgyi Palace Hotel was so convenient for me to attend to my business appointments in the downtown core.

It just took ten minutes to reach the downtown business district. What really made the stay very pleasant was the surrounding. The Hotel was located right on the bank of the beautiful Kandawgyi Lake, the City’s grace and splendour.

I was very impressed from the

moment I walked in to the reception lobby. It was very spacious and nicely furnished. The staff at the reception counter was so friendly and hospitable, making one feel like coming back home.

I had a deluxe room on a high floor with an amazing view of the Kandawgyi Lake, so tranquil and pleasant. The room was very large and luxuriously furnished, and had all the amenities to make the stay comfortable, airconditioned, satellite TV, refrigerator, mini bar, IDD telephone, and internet access which was a necessity for business travellers like me to keep in touch with my headoffice back home. The inhouse restaurant was splendid.

It ...

• served a variety of Myanmar, Chinese, and international cuisines. The buffet breakfasts, lunches, and dinners were just total enjoyments. Room service was also excellent, very prompt and hospitable, making sure that the guests received what were ordered.

The business centre had all the modern facilities needed for preparing business papers and documentation. The staff was well experienced and helpful. The lounge on the lobby floor was a wonderful place to relax while enjoying refreshing cocktails from the bar and gazing at the beautiful lake view.

The Shwedagone Pagoda, one of the most highly revered Pagodas in the Buddhist world was just fifteen minutes walking distance from the hotel.

I took the opportunity to go up to the Pagoda too. It was an awesome place.

My stay at the Kandawgyi Palace Hotel was very comfortable and pleasant. The facilities were perfect and the services in every department were so hospitable and courteous. Kandawgyi Palace Hotel was an excellent place for business travellers like me, and for tourists too with all the places of interest in the downtown core easily accessible, shopping centres, historical places, lakes and gardens.

I look forward to going back there should I have the opportunity to visit Yangon in the future. I would definitely recommend Kandawgyi Palace Hotel to my colleagues and friends back home for their visits to Yangon for business or for holidays.

Kandawgyi Palace Hotel Yangon

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22508450090231/k2311a0825/8.25.08