HOME MADE ITALIAN FOOD BY REAL ITALIAN COOK
1587 Myrtle Ave. Eureka, CA 95501
  • She uses cheese the way it should be used, in my opinion
  • If you love great food, friendly locals, beautiful people, and an Italian atmosphere for your dining experience, don't pass up Babette's, for any reason

• by calwaone
      Babetta’s is my favorite restaurant is Eureka, CA. You simply cannot beat the food! If it is an Italian dish, Babs knows how to cook it, and she does it, after you order it! She is fast, so don’t worry about the taste. I am Sicillian, and I LOVE her cooking! If you don’t like cheese (I find that odd), you won’t enjoy the food as much as I do! She uses cheese the way it should be used, in my opinion….

lots and lots of it!

Her daughter, Sabrina, is a nationally known singer. She, also, is a waitress in this restaurant.

The last time I was there, she sang for my group, and we were all totally thrilled! Those in the group, from out of the area, whom had

never heard her sing, were absolutely speechless, when she just belted out a favorite song of mine! They want to go back, everytime they come to Eureka, now! As she delivered the bill, it was really cute, the way she went into a really show time example of “Hey! Big Spender!”………. we all laughed and enjoyed!

You may have guessed by now, that this family is truly loved by everyone in town! Babs is one great cook and a great singer, herself.

If you love great food, friendly locals, beautiful people, and an Italian atmosphere for your dining experience, don’t pass up Babette’s, for any reason! There is a large parking lot, as well!

I really need to give you a little direction on how to reach this wonderful restaurant: Coming ...

• into Eureka, from the South, continue onto Broadway (that IS HWY 101), onto 5th St (same street, different name), until you go through Eureka proper, and find a fork in the road. One way, the right fork, will direct you immediately onto Myrtle Avenue.

That was easy! Now, just follow this street, until you reach the corner that has signage (left side of the road) that shows a sketch of Babette, and a big sign “Babettes”. I want to give you one more hint about this place.

DON’T pass on the vegetable soup! The garlic French Bread with this soup would be enough to please most diners, but, I always order a full order (you may order half an order!), so that I may enjoy the huge amount of food

I was served, later! It is soooooo good, you might as well ask for the little container to take some home, while you order, as you WILL want to continue to eat this food that Babs makes, after you are home, as well!

The nuance is totally Italian, the cook is Italian and beautiful……the waitress is gorgeous and sings like as angel……. tip, and she might sing for you, too! I didn’t tip extra, I just asked her to sing for us, and she just did it for us.

People don’t come nicer than this family. Food doesn’t come BETTER than you get here! There are many tables, of different sizes, so they will be able to accomodate a party of many or just you…….

or all that inbetween! It isn’t expensive. It is terrific!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 713094500630/k2311a0913/9.13.05