Hotels.com Gas Card Promotion  » Business  »
0.5
  • In any event, I enjoyed my stay and everything went pretty well although I could have used the gas card at that point because I was paying over $4 a gallon during my stay
  • I asked what the problem was and the representative disconnected from the line
  • I decided that I would report them to the BBB for not giving me the things that they promised and they took four days to answer

• by rich

If you are someone who has done a lot of traveling this summer then you are probably feeling burdened by the high gas prices which we are experiencing within the United States. These high gas prices have driven a lot of Internet specials, which promise to reward you for shopping on their site. One of these sites which will provide you with free gas in exchange for your business is Hotels.

com, This is just one of their specials that they have been running through the summer in order to keep business booming which gas prices sky rocket. I am

a person who usually looks for specials that companies offer so I knew about this special when it first started but I have seen many TV commercials that advertise this special.

They promise to give you free gas in the commercial as a reward for booking with them. The commercial gives the impression that this will be given to you up front but when I booked a trip through them on May 29, 2008 and I was told I would receive the gas card within two weeks and I had to book a hotel stay of four consecutive days.

In any event, I enjoyed my stay and everything went pretty well although I could have used the gas card at that point because I was paying over $4 a gallon during my stay. I waited three weeks for the gas card but it never came.

On the third week I called Hotels. com and asked them where my gas card was.

I was told that it had not yet been sent out but it would be corrected and sent out to me right away. I asked what the problem was and the representative disconnected from the line.

I had to ...

• Hotels.com Gas Card Promotion
      call back and speak to someone else and at that point I was told my gas card would be sent out to me. As I write this we are in the first week of August 2008 and I have not yet gotten the card.

In total I have waited 2 ½ months for this gas card and it has not yet shown up. I spoke to my mailman and he said that he has not seen it.

He also told me that others within my building have been asking about their cards and nothing has come. This is clearly

a scam and they have given me no reward at all for my business.

I decided that I would report them to the BBB for not giving me the things that they promised and they took four days to answer. The answer that they gave is that they had the wrong address for me which is why it took so long but I should have gotten it by now.

Well, as I said it has been more than two months since they were informed of the correct address and they still have not credited my card or sent me the gas card at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 412508448741231/k2311a0825/8.25.08