Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers  » Restaurants  »
0.5
11136 Kingston Pke, Knoxville, TN 37934
  • After I had already paid, the boy at the window told me that they don't have any more grilled chicken and would I like to have a crispy chicken sandwich instead
  • After all, restaurants do run out of certain items from time to time, so I decided to try again

• by KristiMoore

I recently stopped at the Wendy’s on Kingston Pke in Farragut after work one evening. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich, a side salad, and a cup of mandarin oranges. After I had already paid, the boy at the window told me that they don’t have any more grilled chicken and would I like to have a crispy chicken sandwich instead. I told him that I only wanted grilled,

so I got my money back for the sandwich and took only the side salad and the oranges. I then went to Buddy’s BBQ and ordered some smoked chicken to go with my salad.

The next night after work, I went back to the same Wendy’s. After all, restaurants do run out of certain items from time to time, so I decided to try again. I placed the same order, but also added a small chili. When I got home about 3 minutes later, the chili was cold, the salad looked a little brown, and I didn’t have any oranges. Also, the grilled chicken sandwich I had ordered somehow ended up being a burger with 2 beef patties and cheese. It too was cold.

I didn’t even bother going back. I threw the entire order in the ...

• Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers
      garbage and went to the Fresh Market for sushi instead. I will not ever return to that Wendy’s again. I can understand one order being messed up, but 2 nights in a row is too much. Not only was it entirely the wrong order, but who serves cold food?

I normally love Wendy’s food, but something really needs to be done about this particular one. I did

file a complaint with Wendy’s corporate on the internet and I received an instant reply stating that I would be contacted within a certain period of time, but it has been more than 2 weeks and I never heard anything back. With all the other fast food restaurants out there these days, I will be skipping Wendy’s completely. Their corporate office obviously doesn’t care any more than the restaurant that served bad food.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72508448311131/k2311a0825/8.25.08