Cable or Dish TV  » TV  »
2.5
Cowlitz County, Washington State
  • With all the television options out there it is hard to know which one is the best or the right one for you
  • The down side to Comcast is that they cost just as much as the satellites but only give you about half of the channels
  • This wouldn't be an issue if we weren't paying so much for having service we cant use during the rainy season

• by little_momma

With all the television options out there it is hard to know which one is the best or the right one for you. I have searched the three main ones in my area and have found which one is the cheapest and which one is the most reliable. I am being as honest as possible when I say that my family uses Direct TV but its not the best there is.

We have comcast digital cable, direct tv, and dishnetwork. Of all of these I would have to

say that comcast is the most reliable. Both of the satellites lose signal during the wind storms in our area and during the down pour of rain. The down side to Comcast is that they cost just as much as the satellites but only give you about half of the channels.

Directv is cheaper than Dishnetwork if you want a channel package for grown ups. The cheapest package is about $65 after taxes and surcharges here. We don’t get HBO, Cinemax, Encore or anything like that but we ...

• get Scifi, TruTV and things like that. However, we have no tall trees around our house and we are in the middle of town but our sattelite still loses signal during even good weather. When it rains with any kind of force it completely knocks out the dish and we are left with no tv. This wouldn’t be an issue if we weren’t paying so much for having service we cant use during the rainy season…..and this IS Washington…..almost every season is the rainy season.

Although directv

operators are sympathetic to the issue they do not offer to do anything about it. They even try to charge for someone to come out and fix the dish every once in a while.

If you are someone who has to have tv all the time then I wouldn’t suggest a dish. I would go for comcast’s digital cable just because its more dependable. however if you want more channels for the same price and don’t mind paying even when its not coming through then either dish would suffice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102508448201131/k2311a0825/8.25.08