Mayercraft Carrier on board Carnival Cruiseline  » Cruises/Ferries  »
Mayercraftcarrier.com
  • John did a Question and Answer one morning for Fan Club members and it was so memorable
  • I felt bad about it at first, but we have since lost our income, our house to foreclosure and we're living in a motel

• by Why Georgia

I had the good fortune to be on board the Carnival Victory when John Mayer hosted a 3 night/4 day cruise. I was on Mayercraft I.

To say that I had a wonderful time, doesn’t begin to cover it. It was way beyond expectations.

We left from Miami FL on a Friday, and no sooner did we board and we had to do a Lifeboat drill. Once the necessities got out of the way, the party began!

John did 2 formal shows and one show for everyone on the Lido Deck. We happened to be sailing while the Superbowl was being played so they worked that into the itinerary. Superbowl was broadcast on the giant screen on the Lido Deck.

John did

a Question and Answer one morning for Fan Club members and it was so memorable.

Late at night when everything else shut down, the disco was jamming! John came in while I was there and started doing shots of Patron. Then he purchased a bottle of it and began pouring shots for the fan. I can’t express how cool it was to be hanging with John and all these people just enjoying life. (no, I did not take one of his shots. I don’t do hard liquor!)

One of the major highlights of the cruise was when a fan threw a lime green Mankini to John from another deck and dared him to put it on. Well, John being the ...

• good sport that he is, went to his cabin and donned the Borat suit and not only came out but proceeded to jog around the deck in it!

There were terrific artists always playing. We had Colbie Callait, Dave Barnes, and David Ryan Harris (John’s band member) all performing among others. Sherrod Small did a comedy routine. There was an 80’s Trivia night that was awesome and they had a night where they encouraged you to dress in 80’s promwear. I didn’t do that but it was fun to watch!

We docked in the Bahamas one day and lots of my friends went on shore. I opted to take the time to sleep in and rest up for the rest of

the cruise.

The food on board was good; not extra special, but good. I do have to say the pizza served 24/7 on the Lido deck was worth mentioning! The staff were all super helpful and I left there with such wonderful memories and pictures to commerate the event.

He’s doing it again this year, but this year, I’m not going. I felt bad about it at first, but we have since lost our income, our house to foreclosure and we’re living in a motel. Don’t think Mayer tickets are in our future, even though he’s appearing here in West Palm Beach on the 31st. I want to go so bad, but I guess it’s not in the cards this year. :-(

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 42508448181131/k2311a0825/8.25.08