Fibre 1 Whole Grain Cereal  » Food  »
Canada
  • Other high fibre cereals I have tried like All Bran and Bran Buds had absolutely no taste, but this cereal has lots
  • The only downfall is the price $4.99 for a small 425gram box

• by Melissa Glenn
      I just bought this wonderful cereal. I suffer from irritable bowel syndrome so I need a high fibre cereal.

This Fibre 1 Honey Clusters cereal is made by General Mills.

It is a whole grain cereal and contains 44

percent of my daily fibre requirements.

Fibre 1 is sweetened with both sugar and honey and there is just the right amount of both.

Other high fibre cereals I have tried like All Bran and Bran Buds had absolutely ...

• no taste, but this cereal has lots.

There is no need to add sugar, and this cereal provides me with a whole host of vitamins, including 50 percent of my daily Iron needs.

This Fibre 1 cereal tastes so

great, I never even remember that its healthy! Also I don’t notice a heavy feeling on my stomach when I’ve eaten Fibre 1 that I have felt with other high fibre cereals.

The only downfall is the price $4.

99 for a small 425gram box.

Peter Gare says :

Please tell me whether you can buy fibre 1 in any of the folloowing countries SPAIN or FRANCE…if so do you have names of retailers Thanks

Andrew says :

Hello, I noted that you say Fibre1 is sweetened with both sugar and honey … - but you seemed to have neglected to say that it is also sweetened with sucralose. not to mention high fructose corn syrup It seems a rather glaring omission to me - a lot of people may not care if it has sucralose, but I know also that a lot of people do care. Sucralose is in fact the sole reason I won`t try it… I was initially excited to see that they have a Fibre1 cereal, after enjoying the Fibre1 bars - but then was rather disappointed to note the sweetened with sucralose banner on the box. Thanks for your time. Cheers, - Andrew

Galega says :

Sucralose is safe if taken under recommended daily dose - 15mg per kg of the body weight. It is not dangerous as aspartame. Sucralose is safe for human consumption. In particular, that it is not harmful to the immune system, does not cause cancer, infertility, pose a risk to pregnancy, or affect blood sugar levels.

Many studies and clinical trials have also proved the same. If you take a look at the ingredient list, you will find Sucralose in very limited amount which can be considered as safe for human consumption.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2760444771030/k2311a046/4.6.06