Edgestar Washer/Dryer Combo  » Electronics  »
0.5
  • From the very beginning I was not impressed with this appliance

• by veronica

About a year ago I moved into a house that had been remodeled. The agent said she had done extensive research on the washer/dryer combo that they put in the house.

She claimed it was a very modern appliance and widely used in Europe.

From the very beginning I was not impressed with this appliance.

It is an Edgestar washer/dryer combo model number

SW5L70D.

The wash cycle took forever regardless of which option I chose.

Drying the clothes was not a unsuccessful adventure either.

The process took a very long time.

You could only wash a small amount of clothes at a time and to get anything dry in less that an hour or so you had to limit the amount in the machine to ...

• just a few pieces of clothing.

I struggled with the aggravation of using this machine for a little over a year.

After one year and four months of use the machine stopped working.

It appears that something went wrong with the computer system in the machine but since it is such a new concept there are no service people around that are familiar with this

machine.

I went online searching for assistance and found numerous reviews that listed the same issues I have described.

I observed that many people did not get a year’s worth of use out of their machine so I suppose I should be grateful that mine lasted a little over a year.

Personally, I would never suggest to anyone that they purpose this particular model of washer/dryer combination.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162408447621131/k2311a0824/8.24.08