Dawson’s Creek  » Movies  »
  • Before long, I found myself enjoying the show just as much as she did

• by Why Georgia

When Dawson’s Creek was on the air in primetime, my daughter was a teenager. She used to bug me to watch it and we began “letting” her take over the TV to watch it each week. At first, her Dad and I would go sit outside or do something while she utilized our TV. Then occasionally we sat and watched it begrudgingly with her. Before long, I found myself enjoying the show just as much as she did.

Dawson’s Creek, which can now be found

on DVD now in all 6 Seasons plus series finale episode, was a really cleverly written show that was created my Kevin Williamson. Although if you spend the time thinking that high school kids aren’t that articulate and don’t use the super intelligent vocabulary that was seen on that show, you can quickly get turned off by it. Oddly enough, that articulation and intelligent vocabulary was what caught my attention and made for a very entertaining show.

I guess in some perfect world, there are 15-16 year olds ...

• that speak that way on a regular basis. Probably not here on planet earth, but somewhere!

So if you never watched it when it was on, take my word for it. The continuing saga of the trials and tribulations, teenage angst and moral dilemmas of Joey, Dawson, Pacey, and Jen will keep you glued to the set waiting for the outcome of each and every scenario.

They touch down on many powerful issues too. Losing one’s virginity, homosexuality, teenage bullies, death of both a teenager and a parent,

promiscuity and of course the neverending triangle of Joey and Dawson and Joey and Pacey and how it ultimately played out.

Dawson’s Creek was the big break for Katie Holmes, James Van DerBeek, Joshua Jackson and Michelle Williams. I don’t care how famous Katie Holmes becomes or who she marries, she will always be Joey Potter to me, the awkward semi-shy girl from the “wrong side” of the creek.

Get it for your teenager, get it for yourself. A really well written show with some really great musical selections on every episode.

Dawson's Creek

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112308447091131/k2311a0823/8.23.08