Creative Zen 8Gb  » Electronics  »
  • I have the black version, it has a little shine on it, this makes it extra beautifull, in my opinion
  • The Zen I bought was the 8Gb version, there are also some other versions

• by DfenZ

Just the other I went to the store to buy a new mp3 player. I was going for an Ipod Nano, but then I saw the Creative Zen. I really liked the way it looks. I have the black version, it has a little shine on it, this makes it extra beautifull, in my opinion.

At first it is difficult to control it, because you need to control it with one hand, all the controls are on the right side, next to the screen, which will be discussed later. The controls are really easy to use, once you get used to it. There is a big bright screen on the Zen.

Much

bigger than the one on the Ipod Nano I went for, this was for me a big bonus. The screen has a good resolution and has lots of colors. You can even set a picture from your own collection as a background !

These colors are really usefull when you are watching videos or photos on your Zen, it is almost like watching it on TV.

There is also a SD-card reader, from which you can put videos, photos or music on your Zen and watch then afterwards or just watch them while they are still on the SD-card. Off course you can also play music with it, there is a ...

• really usefull search function to look for your music files. I use it all the time.

It is also possible to create your own playlists and save them for later. Or to create bookmarks to easily acces a certain point in a song. Although you can only save 10 off them, which is not enough in my opinion.

The volume is a bit low for me, I would’ve liked it were a little bit harder. Or if it is too loud for you you can limit the sound which is very usefull. You can also choose between a lot of presets for your audio, or you can create your own and

save it, this can be very usefull to for example amplify the bass.

Or you can use the bass boost function, this one I really liked. You can hear the difference immediately, and the sound remains clear and sharp. The Zen I bought was the 8Gb version, there are also some other versions.

And the price is very good. When you compare it to the Zen it is much cheaper. And if I had to choose, which I did, I would choose the Zen without a doubt.

On overall there is not much bad to say about the Zen. Except the low audio volume, it is perfect for me, and I hope I can enjoy it for a long time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162308447081131/k2311a0823/8.23.08