White’s City, NM Hotel & Restaurant  » Hotels  »
1.0
17 Carlsbad Caverns Highway, White’s City, New Mexico
  • I've been several times before but they never had and I thought his son would enjoy staying at White's City
  • I was very disappointed with the whole experience
  • This is definitely an establishment that has given up any pretense of pride in their product
  • I think White's City was probably a fun place when it opened but, clearly, that was a long time ago

• by mwaters

My boyfriend, his 12 year old son and I just got back from a weekend seeing Carlsbad Caverns, NM. I’ve been several times before but they never had and I thought his son would enjoy staying at White’s City. White’s City is the closest accommodation to the caverns. White’s City Resort is pretty schlocky, which I knew, but I thought it would be fun.

I was very disappointed with the whole experience. The rooms were dirty with very

dated furnishings. Our room had a terrible smell.

White’s City Resort’s website advertises that, as part of your room rate, you get free admission into their water park, an important part of our decision to stay there. What they do not mention is that the water park is only open on the weekends. We were there on the weekend so this was good for us but would certainly have been a disappointment had we come during the week.

...

• We had dinner in the Velvet Garter Restaurant. It was horrible. This is definitely an establishment that has given up any pretense of pride in their product.

I’m sure all their food is purchased frozen and merely reheated and is very mediocre. Their prices are very high for what you get. Two of us had a cheeseburger and fries at $9.

95 a plate. One of us had a country-fried steak, which was also $9. 95.

All three

plates of food had little taste. The menu also offered several Mexican food entrées, each of which were $9. 95, including one that was a burrito, beans and rice.

Pretty pricey. We paid $84. 95 plus tax for our room.

This whole place is badly in need of a huge overhaul, which it clearly is not getting. Everything needs upgrading, updating and refreshing. I think White’s City was probably a fun place when it opened but, clearly, that was a long time ago!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22308447021131/k2311a0823/8.23.08