Hilton Head Island  » Travel  »
2.5
North Carolina
  • We rented a condo for a week for a price we could have stayed for 3 weeks in Florida

• by JK

I went on vacation with my girlfriend’s family last summer to Hilton Head Island. I have been to several different beach sites both on the atlantic coast and in the Caribbean. The island of Hilton Head is very commercialized. If you are into natural settings and wildlife this is not the place. Everything is developed and marketed. It isn’t crowded, it’s just well spaced out. The Hotels and

condos are great, they range from high priced to very expensive. There is tons of shopping, restaurants, golf,tennis, biking, people, and ways to spend money!

Every thing is over priced more than normal at a beach location. You are going to pay an arm and a leg to rent a bike or play tennis. If you want to play golf it better be all you plan to do because ...

• you’re not going to be able to pay for dinner after. We rented a condo for a week for a price we could have stayed for 3 weeks in Florida. The place is great entertainment, if you can afford it.

For those that just care about the beach itself, then Hilton Head is not for you. I too love the beach and the water, but I was really

dissappointed by HH island. The water is really cloudy and infested with jelly fish during the summer months. The sand is nice (imported to save the beaches) and they have lots of lifeguards. The weather, though, is more iffy than other places. Honestly, though, there is just nothing to do in the water because of how polluted it is. You can’t see anything, maybe a jellyfish before it stings you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382208446671131/k2311a0822/8.22.08