Stratosphere Hotel and Casino  » Casino  »
2.5
  • The cost of our room was cheap, but so was the quality
  • Overall, I would only recommend that you stay at the Stratosphere if you are on a very tight budget

• by Jonathan Pearson
      My wife and I stayed at the Stratosphere Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. The main reason that we chose this hotel was because it was inexpensive. It turns out that the saying “You get what you pay for” is true.

The cost of our room was cheap, but so was the quality. Our room had a wonderful view of the

utility shed.

We were right next to the elevator, so we were treated to the sounds of drunk revellers returning late each evening. Our room was almost never cleaned (we were there for a week and it was cleaned twice).

The buffet was not very good, but it was better than some of the ones we ate at. The casino was okay,

• but I liked it because it did not have the outrageous minimum bets of some of the other casinos.

The pool was miserable. It was not very large and it was on the roof, so there was no place for any of the luxuries of the other hotels.

Overall, I would only recommend that you stay at the Stratosphere if you are on

a very tight budget. It is quite a walk to the Strip and the heat can become oppressive.

The hotel is also located in a not very nice section of town, which makes walking a bit precarious. Save a little bit more and stay at one of the other hotels.

You’ll be down that way anyway and it will save you the trip.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4850444660430/k2311a045/4.5.06