Canon SD850 Elph  » Cameras  »
  • I've usually been the type to simply get a quick point and shoot compact digital camera

• by Why Georgia

I’ve usually been the type to simply get a quick point and shoot compact digital camera. I never spent much money on them before but I often got jealous hearing others who had spent a little more and gotten one of those tiny Canon Elph cameras that fit in the palm of your hand.

Well, I finally broke down and bought a Canon SD 850 IS. I am so thrilled with

it. It takes beautiful pictures. I can play with the settings or I can set it on Auto and use it like a point and shoot. I’ve never, not once in the 5 months I’ve owned it taken a bad picture! I find myself LOOKING for things to take pictures of. I opted for the 850 over some of the newer models because it actually got a better review than ...

• some of the newer models.

It has the zoom of course 4.0 Optical and there is also the nifty added feature of image stablization. It’s a nice 8.0 megapixel and it has 18 shooting modes to choose from. You can take a nice zoomed picture from quite a length away and because of the image stabization, it comes out beautifully. I’ve been to many a concert in the past and been in the

8th-10th row and took pictures with other cameras zoomed and of course they came out grainy and blurry. This camera shoots those long distance shots perfectly. You’d swear I was front row.

I can’t say enough about this little camera. I take it with me everywhere and it literally inspires the photographer in me. I still haven’t finished learning all the neat little features it has, but I’m having fun doing it!

Kay says :

A message on my Cannon SD850 Elph continues to pop up saying Card Locked I can`t seem to figure out how to unlock the card so that I can erase pictures and use some of the options on my camera. Please help Thanks

Jules Li says :

Card Locked is actually referring to your storage card. I don’t know the type of storage card that you’re using but most have a lock and unlock switch. You should remove the card from the camera to check to see if it has one. If it does, you should set it to unlock.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432208446301031/k2311a0822/8.22.08