Guilty as Sin by Tami Hoag  » Books  »
  • I've only recently got into Tami Hoag's books, but so far I like what I'm reading
  • I know I'm going to be searching out her books the next time I'm in the library
  • The villains of the book are very interesting
  • The only problem Ellen has is that bad things keep happening even while he's locked up
  • I would recommend that anyone who likes crime fiction read Guilty as Sin by Tami Hoag

• by Sunnflr

Guilty as Sin is a crime/suspense novel by Tami Hoag. I’ve only recently got into Tami Hoag’s books, but so far I like what I’m reading. I know I’m going to be searching out her books the next time I’m in the library.

Guilty as Sin is about a lawyer trying to find a better place to live, a small town that’s turned upside down by child abductions, and an ex-lawyer turned novelist that thinks he’s a hard case but really isn’t.

As the book unfolds the main character, Ellen North, finds out that moving to a small town didn’t mean

bad things won’t happen and that politics are still more important than justice most of the time. She finds out that you can’t really run far enough to get away from evil.

The ex-lawyer is Ellen’s love interest in the book. Not at first mind you, she can’t stand him, but he grows on her. He is running from his own personal problems. He comes to town to gather information about the case for his next novel. A child being kidnapped is a little too close to home though and he gets more involved with the people of the town than ...

• he wanted. Ellen helps him find his human side again.

The villains of the book are very interesting. We find out who one of them is right off the bat. A well respected teacher at the local college that some people have a hard time believing is anything but perfect. The only problem Ellen has is that bad things keep happening even while he’s locked up. Yep, an accomplice is still out there somewhere. I will say that I figured out the accomplice they were hunting pretty quickly, but there is one more twist that I didn’t see coming.

The book

has other side stories that add to the plot and make it more interesting. The characters are all believable with flaws and problems of their own. The book has 590 pages but didn’t seem that long. You’ll finish it in no time!

I like the way Tami Hoag writes her books. Her style had me wanting to finish the book all in one sitting. It’s an easy read without a lot of added mumbo jumbo to cloud the true plot. I would recommend that anyone who likes crime fiction read Guilty as Sin by Tami Hoag. You won’t be disappointed in the book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172108445611231/k2311a0821/8.21.08