American Airlines  » Airlines  »
2.0
  • They are not an airline I usually fly, but they had a convenient flight for me last summer so I took it
  • I know this isn't American Airlines' fault, but what bothered me is that their flights are booked so full and they play it so close to the wire, that people whose flight was cancelled had been waiting for two days to get another flight, and some were told that it might be several more days before they would get home

• by story3girl

While it may not be fair to generalize these observations, I’ve had nothing but bad experiences with American Airlines. They are not an airline I usually fly, but they had a convenient flight for me last summer so I took it.

The planes are lovely, with tv’s and power outlets, but the service is attrocious. Although my husband and I booked

seats together, we ended up separated in both directions and could only get seats together by switching to the back row (which, btw, does not have power outlets).

Then, on the way back, the flight was delayed because of weather. I know this isn’t American Airlines’ fault, but what bothered me is that their flights are booked so full and they play it so close to the wire, that people whose flight was cancelled had been waiting for two days to get another flight, and some were told that it might be several more days before they would get home.

Plus, then our flight was unable to land at our destination because of weather. Even though we were on the plane for a total ...

• American Airlines
      of 13 hours, we were not treated with any kind of kindness. The flight attendants continued to SELL M&M’s and bottled water until they ran out, and then we were told there was nothing available to eat. The ceiling of the plane dripped when we landed to refuel. Everyone was cranky and no attempt was made to ameliorate it.
      We weren’t even offered magazines.

When we did land to refuel and were told we would have to spend the night, the airline gave hotel discount vouchers, but were very slow about it and didn’t seem to have enough. Although seats on other flights to our destination were available, no one made any special effort to get us on it.

I will never fly American Airlines again.

American Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402108445261231/k2311a0821/8.21.08