Prairie Meadows Casino  » Casino  »
Altoona, Iowa
  • I walked around until I found the quarter machines and played for a while
  • I thought that was very nice of him The restrooms at Prairie Meadows were very clean as well
  • I was very impressed with Prairie Meadows

• by angie

Last weekend I had the chance to enjoy myself at Prairie Meadows Casino in Altoona, Iowa. This has been the second time I have been there and both times have been great experiences. When you walk into the casino, you go up a set of escalators.

Once you get to the top of the escalators, there is a security guard waiting the check ids. I was carded since I am under 40, then given a bracelet with my name on

it to say I was old enough to be in there.

I must say this casino has a great atmosphere. I walked around until I found the quarter machines and played for a while.

Then I walked around some more just to look. As I was walking by the poker tables, a man stopped our group and asked if we had any questions and if we did just let the dealer know.

I thought that was very nice of ...

• him The restrooms at Prairie Meadows were very clean as well. As we were going into one, a worker was going in to clean them even though it looked like it had just been done.

There were several fountain pop machines that were free throughout the whole casino. Pop choices included Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, rootbeer, Cherry Pepsi, lemonade, fruit punch, and several others.

Water and coffee were also available. There were attendants going around as well asking if they

could get you anything to drink.

There was a smoking and a nonsmoking section of the casino. You could play penny slots, nickel slots, quarter slots, and dollar slots in each section.

There were lots of places to cash in your money either by machine or by a teller. I was very impressed with Prairie Meadows.

The next time I am in the Des Moines area, I would love to stop again. Each time I have been there someone in my group has won at least $200.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 482108444811131/k2311a0821/8.21.08