Taco Soup recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I love tacos so when my boyfriends mother gave me this recipe for Taco soup, I knew I had to try it
  • I like to add extra chili powder to mine to make it spicyer
  • I think that salsa mixed in with it would be good as well

• by angie

I love tacos so when my boyfriends mother gave me this recipe for Taco soup, I knew I had to try it. First of all you need to take 1 pound of ground beef and brown it, then drain. Stir in one package of taco seasoning.

To the taco meat add one

can of chopped tomatoes, a 24 ounce can of tomato juice, one can of chili beans, and 1-2 teaspoons of chili powder. Bring the soup to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.

Ladle some Taco soup in a bowl. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheddar ...

• cheese.

Serve with corn chips. I find this to be a very quick meal for me.

It makes a good sized batch, so there are always leftovers. Or you can freeze the leftovers as well.

As variations, serve it with shredded taco flavored cheese or tortilla chips. You can add

chopped onion to the soup as well and garnish with a green onion.

I like to add extra chili powder to mine to make it spicyer. I think that salsa mixed in with it would be good as well.

This soup is perfect for a quick meal and may be put in a crock pot for family gatherings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492108444781131/k2311a0821/8.21.08