Applebees in Altoona, IA  » Restaurants  »
Altoona, Iowa
  • It was delicious and I would definetely recommend going to any Applebees
  • I thought the chicken strips were awesome

• by angie

While vacationing in Altoona, Iowa I ate at Applebees there. It was delicious and I would definetely recommend going to any Applebees. When we got to Applebees, it was crowded. It was around 6 o’clock at night, so we figured we would have to wait forever for a table for our group of 18.

They said we could sit together, but that would take longer. We said go ahead and split us up, and they were fine with that. Our waitress was great.

She explained to us that it would take a

bit longer that night because a storm had knocked their computers down and they had to hand write everything out. We told her it was not a problem. She brought us our drinks and was very quick to refill them whenever we needed more, which was nice that we did not have to ask.

Our food did not take that long to come either. I ordered the chicken strips platter and it was so good. There were atleast five big chicken strips with honey mustard, french fries, and a small container of coleslaw.

...

• I thought the chicken strips were awesome! They really filled me up and hit the spot. I was so full by the time I left. I also asked the waitress to bring my some BBQ sauce about halfway through our meal.

She smiled and said sure and did not charge me for it. She brought out a big cup of it and had even heated it up for me, which was a nice surprise. I thought that was very nice of her.

My boyfriend ordered the same as me and

he was stuffed as well. OUr bill came to be a little less than $25. As we gave the waitress the money she thanked us, apologized again for the wait (which was not bad at all) and told us to have a good night.

She had definetely earned her tip that night. I would highly recommend eating Applebees to anyone. The food was great as was the service.

OUr waitress always had a smile on her face and never once grumbled about getting us more drinks or whatever we needed. I give it a 9.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72108444711131/k2311a0821/8.21.08