Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Orlando, Florida  » Travel  »
8201 International Drive, Orlando, Florida
  • While traveling around busy International Drive in Orlando, Florida, we decided to stop at the quirky Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum for a different museum experience
  • As soon as we stepped out of the car, we noticed something was really different about this building - it's crooked
  • I wasn't really thrilled about a Ripley's museum, but I was surprised at how interesting some of the items were
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not is definitely a great museum choice for kids and fans of the unique and the macabre

• by Lacie

While traveling around busy International Drive in Orlando, Florida, we decided to stop at the quirky Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum for a different museum experience. We weren’t disappointed! As soon as we stepped out of the car, we noticed something was really different about this building - it’s crooked! It was built to look like it’s sinking into a pit, while in reality it’s structurally sound. I wasn’t really thrilled about

a Ripley’s museum, but I was surprised at how interesting some of the items were.

Some of my favorite exhibits were the bust of Abraham Lincoln made entirely out of pennies, an old car made from match sticks, and a piece of the Berlin Wall. The funniest part was being told to stand facing away from a certain spot, only to walk out into another room and see yourself rather embarrassingly on camera! This ...

• was hilarious!

You can place your hand on a replica of the biggest man’s hand and see how it measures up; there were some really weird displays like a “vampire killing kit” and a lifestyle statue of Dracula. I also liked the jade rickshaw and the statue of the tallest man. Ripley’s is a fun place for all ages, but some of it is rather gross! Children will enjoy it immensely.

Although it

wasn’t my favorite Orlando attraction, it was a fun way to pass the time and I did enjoy some of the quirky exhibits. Ripley’s Believe It or Not is definitely a great museum choice for kids and fans of the unique and the macabre. One of Ripley’s best features is that the museum stays open until midnight each day of the year! Admission in 2008 is $18.95 per adult and $11.95 per child twelve and under.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382108444591031/k2311a0821/8.21.08