Carrabba’s Italian Grill Palm Bay FL  » Restaurants  »
1575 Palm Bay Road, Palm Bay, FL
  • We've never had a bad experience at the Palm Bay Carrabba's in the years we've been going there

• by Why Georgia

Probably one of my all time favorite Chain type restaurants is Carrabba’s Italian Grill. I don’t get here as often as I might like, but when I do go, it’s always memorable!

To start with, I love the atmosphere. It’s dark, it’s classic, it smells wonderful throughout the restaurant and you just feel “special” when you sit at one of their tables.

To try something a little different, try sitting at the stools by the kitchen where you can watch them cook and they often will offer you samples of some of the various things they serve.

They

start with this wonderful homebaked bread. The server brings you some extra virgin olive oil and fresh herbs to dip your bread in. It’s hard not to let yourself fill up on the bread alone, it’s so good!

We usually start with the Shrimp Scampi as our Antipasti. It’s delicious. Fresh shrimp that’s been sauteed in butter, herbs and garlic with just a hint of lemon. We usually have our drinks while enjoying the shrimp and then we usually ask the server to give us a little time before placing our entree orders.

At some point, I most always go ...

• to use the restroom. I’m not sure if it’s because I actually need to or because I simply want to hear the non-stop Italian lessons being broadcast in the restrooms. It makes me smile because I can remember taking my kids to the restroom when they were little and they got the biggest kick out of learning a word in Italian.

After we talk awhile and enjoy our cocktails, we finally put in our entree order. I am a creature of habit at Carrabba’s and most always order the Pollo Rosa Maria with Fettucine Alfredo on the side.

The Pollo Rosa Maria is so good, I actually have dreams about it when I haven’t been there in awhile! Yeah, it’s that good! I’ve even tried to duplicate it at home but have never been able to quite master it as they do.

When the server brings the food, he pulls out this huge wooden Cheese Grater and puts as much fresh grated parmesan on your pasta as you desire.

The waitstaff at Carrabba’s is always very friendly and super efficient. We’ve never had a bad experience at the Palm Bay Carrabba’s in the years we’ve been going there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72108444011031/k2311a0821/8.21.08